Baked Sausage, Peppers and Onions is a classic Italian-American made easier for the ultimate weeknight dinner when you don't have much hands-on cooking time.
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4-6 italian sausages (see note)
- Bread, for serving (optional)
- Provolone cheese, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and place a rack in the lower part of the oven.
- Add peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and white wine vinegar to a 13x18” rimmed sheet pan. Toss to evenly coat and then spread the veggies evenly, leaving a space in the middle for the sausage. Arrange the sausages directly on the sheet pan in the middle.
- Bake on the lower rack for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through until the sausages are cooked through, and the veggies are tender.
- Serve the Baked Sausage Peppers and Onions hot as is, or serve in a sub roll with some provolone cheese on top. The cheese can be broiled briefly to melt it, if desired.
The number of sausage can be slightly increased to accommodate 1-2 more servings on the same sheetpan or to allow for leftovers.
See the section "Serving Ideas" for additional ways to serve it.
Keywords: Baked Sausage, Peppers and Onions