Tender garlic and herb-flavored chicken pieces are cooked and tossed together with broccoli and ziti pasta in a cheesy butter sauce. This Chicken Broccoli and Ziti is a hearty pasta dish the whole family will love. Don't forget to check out the video of me making it below!
- 1 lb. rigatoni or ziti pasta
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets (see notes for fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces (about 1-1/2”)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
- Fill a large pot with water and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and set the timer to cook the pasta according to package instructions. When there are just 8 minutes left on the timer, add the frozen broccoli. Continue to cook until the timer goes off. Set aside 1 cup of pasta water. Check the pasta to ensure it’s cooked to your desired tenderness. Drain the pasta once done and return to the large pot.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over over medium heat. Once hot add chicken, salt and pepper, cook until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, garlic granules, and cook for 30 seconds. Shut off heat.
- Add chicken to the pasta, along with the butter, lemon juice, ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper and pasta water as necessary. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti