This zesty Colombian Aji is bursting with flavor, made from a blend of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and cilantro. It only takes about 5 minutes to make in a blender, and can be stored in the fridge for a few days. It's a fantastic condiment to grilled meats and seafood, works well as a salsa, and is great for dipping.
- 2 large tomatoes, core removed and roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded or not (see note about heat)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and de-stemmed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse about 10 times until all ingredients are chopped roughly the same size.
- Enjoy on everything.
This recipe was tested using Diamond Crystal coarse kosher salt. If you use Morton's kosher salt or fine salt decrease by about half for volume, or use the same amount by weight.
Cilantro stems are okay to use, since they hold a lot of flavor, as long as they are thin and delicate.
To adjust the heat level according to your taste, remove the seeds and membrane and limit the amount of pepper you use.
Store the aji in the refrigerator and consume it within 5-7 days.
Keywords: Colombian Aji