This simple and nostalgic macaroni salad recipe has all the classic elements you'd expect and a few fun twists. Delicious on the first day it's made, but even better on the second, this Creamy Macaroni Salad is the dish to bring to your next bbq or picnic.
- 16 ounces macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups petite peas, frozen
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 cup carrots, grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding the peas to blanch in the last two minutes of cooking. Rinse well under cool water and drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together greek yogurt, mayo, sweet pickle juice, honey, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked pasta and peas, celery, carrots, and red onion and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. Pasta salad will keep for 2-3 days.
Keywords: Classic Macaroni Salad