This Cucumber Avocado Salad is a simple weeknight salad that can be made in just about 10 minutes. It's refreshing and really flavorful.
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large european cucumber
- 1 ripe but firm avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely diced chives
- Add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a bowl and vigorously whisk until it comes together. Add the shallot into the dressing and let it macerate for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the cucumber on the diagonal into ¼” rounds.
- Slice the avocado into ¼” half moons.
- Add the cucumber, avocado and chives to the bowl with the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.