- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice (rinsed and drained well)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 ounces (about 1-1/2 cups) mixed frozen veggies (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cilantro, minced, for serving
- Heat oil, using the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Once hot, add onion and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, and cook until it’s no longer raw, about 3 minutes. Shut off the saute function.
- To the pot, add rinsed rice, chicken broth, salt, garlic granules, pepper, paprika, turmeric and cumin and mix well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Once done, switch the valve to open to release all of the pressure.
- Once all the pressure has released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add in the frozen veggies. Use a fork to fluff up the rice and mix in the veggies. Place the lid back on top, and set the valve back to sealing. Allow the frozen veggies to steam for 5 minutes.
- Open the valve and release any pressure (if there is any), open the lid, add the lime juice and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve with cilantro.
Use a blend of veggies that includes smaller frozen veggies such as peas, carrots, corn or green beans
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken and Rice