This Peach Avocado Salad is the epitome of summer, featuring crisp peppery arugula, creamy avocado, sweet peaches, and bursts of flavorful basil. Not only is it refreshing and vibrant, but it is also stunning to look at.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, cleaned, pitted and sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Small handful of basil leaves
- To a medium bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and vigorously whisk until combined. Add the onion to the dressing and let it macerate for five minutes.
- Add the arugula to the bowl and toss together to combine.
- Transfer the arugula to a large platter.
- Scatter the peaches, avocados and basil leaves on top of the arugula, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a small drizzle of good olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was tested using Diamond Crystal coarse kosher salt. If you use Morton's kosher salt or fine salt decrease by about half for volume, or use the same amount by weight.
The peach can easily be swapped for nectarines.
Keywords: Peach Avocado Salad