Tender aromatic potatoes with caramelized onion and garlic, roasted sausage and perfectly cooked peas make this Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes the ultimate weeknight dinner when you don't have a lot of hands-on cooking time.
- 2-1/2 pounds small yellow and red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 whole cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 6-8 Italian sausages
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and place a rack in the lower part of the oven.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, and spices to a 13x18” rimmed sheet pan. Toss to evenly coat and spread into an even layer. Bake on the lower rack for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Arrange the sausages directly on top of the potatoes. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Flip the sausages and add the peas into the potato mixture. Return to the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Divide sausages, potatoes, and peas onto plates and serve hot.
This recipe calls for small potatoes that are generally about 2” to 3'' large. If you can’t find the small potatoes, feel free to use the same weight of Yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes, diced into 1-½”-2” pieces.
This recipe is written for raw Italian sausages, but you can use fully cooked sausages as well.
Keywords: Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes