- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chunky tomato salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed well
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Cilantro, for serving
- Fresh lime, for serving
- Additional salsa, for serving
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ground turkey. Cook until no pink remains, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in salsa, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, and cumin, and cook for 1 minute, until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the rice, beans, corn and chicken broth to the skillet and stir together until combined.
- Increase the heat to bring the liquid up to a boil, then cover the skillet with a tight-fitting and lower the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Shut off the heat, sprinkle the top of the rice with the cheese, and return the cover to the skillet and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro, fresh lime wedges and additional salsa, if desired.
Keywords: Turkey Taco Rice Skillet