Taking just about 40 minutes to cook from start to finish, this Turkey Chili can truly be made on a weeknight when you need a comforting and hearty dinner to feed your family. Despite it's quick-cooking time, this chili is deeply flavorful yet not so over-spiced that the littlest ones in your family can't enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, more to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add turkey and cook until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chili powder, paprika, salt, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, tomato paste, and brown sugar and cook until the spices become fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, kidney beans, stock, and corn and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chili has slightly thickened.
- Add lime juice to the chili, taste and adjust seasoning, adding in more salt, sugar or lime juice as needed to balance out the dish.
- Serve garnished with your favorite chili toppings, if desired.
Keywords: Turkey Chili