The easiest way to serve burgers to a hungry, impatient crowd is with these Sheet Pan Sliders! They are simple to put together with very little mess. The burgers are stuffed with cheese and baked in the oven, resulting in a no-fuss juicy burger for any night of the week.
How to Make Sheet Pan Burgers
Want to know the easiest and most delicious way to make burgers for the whole family? Prepare and bake them on a sheet pan, stuffed with cheese, smothered in a special burger sauce with lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun.
This fun way to serve burgers is practical since serving family-style food is always the easiest and just so darn good. The burgers are stuffed with cheese and baked, allowing them to stay nice and juicy.
This recipe uses beef, but this could easily work for turkey too!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here is a brief overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe. The full recipe with quantities is listed below this text in the recipe card. If substitutions are available for this recipe, they'll be listed here. If you don't see a substitution you are looking for, feel free to leave a comment below.
- lean ground beef (this is best because when the ground beef bakes up, it'll render fat and a leaner ground beef renders just the right amount)
- sliced cheddar cheese (or any sliced cheese you like)
- brioche slider buns (you can also use dinner rolls or Hawaiin sweet rolls)
- pickle juice
You'll only need a small sheet pan here, and a quarter sheet pan (sized 9" x 13") works best.
Plus, a bowl and whisk to mix the special sauce.
If you do not have a quarter sheet pan, you can use something bigger, but you'll want to make sure to shape the burgers into a rough 9"x13" rectangle. The burgers do shrink up, but this is about the size pre-bake that you need to fit the slider buns.
Overview of Steps
This is truly an assembly-style meal. Here is how to make them:
- Press half of the ground beef onto the sheet pan.
- Lay on the cheese.
- Press the remaining ground beef on top.
- Bake in the oven.
- Assemble the burgers!
Watch It: How to Make Sheetpan Sliders
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
Making the recipe? Be sure to leave a comment with a star review on your experience! Have a question? Leave a comment below and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!Print
The easiest way to serve burgers, these Sheet Pan Sliders are simple to put together with very little mess! The burgers are stuffed with cheese and baked up, resulting in a no-fuss juicy burger for any night of the week.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese.
- 12 brioche slider buns (or soft dinner rolls)
- Sliced tomato
"Special" Burger Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place a piece of parchment on a quarter sheet pan (9” by 13”).
- Sprinkle half of the ground beef on the sheet pan, and press it down to one even layer. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay the cheese slices on top, leaving about a ½” border.
- Sprinkle the remaining ground beef on the cheese, and gently press it down to an even layer. Press the edges of the meat together, to seal in the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes for rare, 12 minutes for medium-rare and 14 minutes for well done.
- Meanwhile, make the burger sauce: Add mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice and black pepper to a bowl and whisk together. Season with pepper
- When the burgers are done, remove from the oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes to let the cheese settle. Drain any excess rendered fat.
- Slice the burger buns through the middle. Spread the burger sauce on top. Transfer the sheet pan burger to the burger buns. Add sliced tomato, lettuce and the tops of the buns.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut the burgers along the bread lines into 12.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Sheet Pan Sliders, Sheet Pan Burgers